Brentwood Home Memory Foam Bamboo Mattress Review
Brentwood Home is a company that’s based in California and they’re known for their handcrafted line of memory foam mattresses. What really sets this company apart is how committed they are to creating models that are made from eco-friendly materials.
Basically, this is a company that’s on a mission to design and create mattresses that offer an exceptional night of sleep yet still remains environmentally friendly and free of harmful chemicals.
With more than thirty years of experience producing mattresses, this company knows a thing or two about making high-quality products. Brentwood Home combines an artisanal approach with scientific research while paying close attention to the smallest detail.
This mattress features a combination of
- ventilated support foam,
- gel memory foam, and wool,
- wrapped in a cover that’s bamboo infused.
- The mattress is built from three layers of foam, giving it a total height of thirteen inches.
Easily the best memory foam mattress on the market, Brentwood Home has really outdone themselves by designing an innovative hybrid mattress that offers both comfort and support.
Brentwood Home Memory Foam Mattress Overview and Features
The top layer consists of gel memory foam and measures in at a little over three inches. This is the main comfort layer for the mattress and it provides pressure relief, body shaping, and contouring support.
The gel works to prevent heat retention in the memory foam, working to keep the cooling surface comfortable. This extra-thick layer also helps to prevent bottoming out while creating improved deep compression support, which is important for heavier sleepers.
- The bed’s middle layer focuses on cooling and support. This is a two-inch layer of ventilated support form. This layer works in connection with the top layer to continue to improve cooling and airflow. This layer also works as a type of transitional support layer, which also helps to prevent bottoming out.
- The foundational layer of the bed is over seven inches high. This layer is made from density support foam and acts as the foundation base, providing stability and shape.
- The mattress cover is made from a blend of bamboo and polyester. The cover is designed to deliver extra comfort while keeping the sleep surface cool.
- The cover also features a layer of wool backing that was sourced from New Zealand. This layer of wool works to naturally wick away moisture, prevents odors and improves airflow.
In terms of style, the cover is fairly simple, with basic horizontal stripping across a plain white background.
When it comes to the overall comfort this mattress is able to deliver, motion transfer plays a major part, especially for couples who share the bed. There’s nothing more frustrating than sleeping next to a restless partner. With this Brentwood, you won’t even notice your bedmate is there.
In the middle of the mattress, the support foam and the high-density foam located in the last layer adds additional support. All of the layers work well together to provide pressure point relief, resulting in proper spine alignment and pain reduction.
Off gassing is a term that’s used to refer to the smell that a new mattress emits. This is a major issue with most new memory foam mattresses. There are certain types of chemicals that are commonly used in the production process and these chemicals can have a strong odor that soaks into the mattress. With this Brentwood bed, you won’t notice even the slightest odor.
Memory Foam Bed Pros and Cons
Pros: The average memory foam mattress is ten inches thick, making the extra three inches of thickness this model offers really count. At the bottom of the mattress cover, you’ll find a zipper.
The zipper allows you to remove the cover for spot cleaning. The mattress is described as medium firm, so it’ll work for side and back sleepers. Overall, this model offers a traditional memory foam feel that features advanced cooling abilities.
Despite the memory foam feel the bed’s design works hard to improve airflow, keeping you cool as you sleep. Compared to most other memory foam mattresses, the response time is average.
Once you lie on the mattress it can take a few seconds for it to adjust to your shape and size.
- The top layer of foam allows the user to sink into the mattress about one to two inches, depending on weight. Despite the level of hug, this model still does a great job of keeping you cool during the night.
- The wool backing ventilated transition foams, gel memory foam and bamboo infused cover, work well to promote airflow.
- This mattress comes with a hundred and twenty-night sleep trial period and a twenty-five-year product warranty.
Cons: The bamboo cover is not machine washable, instead it must be hand washed. If you normally don’t enjoy sleeping on memory foam mattresses, then this model is not for you. While it does offer a superior feel and comfort level, it’s very similar to traditional memory foam models.
If memory foam just isn’t for you, the Tuft & Needle poly foam mattress is an excellent alternative and it’s available at a comparable price.
Best Memory Foam Mattress Final Thoughts and Rating
The bamboo infused cover with the wool backing, ventilated support foam and gel infused memory foam help to retain a cool sleeping surface, even during the hotter months of the year.
If you’re in the market for a memory foam mattress that offers the same type of contouring that a traditional model offers without the same type of heat retaining issues, then this Brentwood Home memory foam bed is a great choice.
Consumers who purchased this bed gave it a rating of four and a half stars out of five stars for the extra thickness, cooling technology, and overall quality.