Red Nomad Bamboo Hypoallergenic Mattress Protector Review
Overheating at night is a common problem that can seriously impact the quality of your sleep. Uncomfortable temperatures can be an issue with any type of material, but they’re more common with memory foam beds, which is a big downside considering memory foam mattresses are incredibly comfortable under the right sleep conditions. The Bamboo hypoallergenic mattress protector is hands down the best cooling mattress topper on the market.
While normally, it can be difficult to find a mattress topper that’s designed to provide a cool and comfortable night’s sleep, this product by Red Nomad is specially designed for people who own memory foam mattresses and tend to sleep hot. This mattress topper features the right amount of thickness, material type, and density and it’s designed to provide a cool night’s sleep by improving airflow.
Memory foam mattresses have fallen out of favor with many consumers, mainly because they cause excessive sweating, especially during the hotter months of the year. But because these mattresses cost hundreds of dollars, most users search for a way to make their mattresses more sleep friendly as opposed to running out and dropping a few thousand dollars on a new mattress.
This is where Red Nomad’s hypoallergenic cooling mattress pad comes in, offering you a better night’s rest and saving you hundreds of dollars that would otherwise be spent on replacing your old memory foam mattress.
Bamboo Cooling Mattress Topper Rundown and Features
Aside from uncomfortable sleeping temperatures, lingering odors caused by sweating during the night is another major complaint from memory foam owners. Because this mattress topper is waterproof, it prevents sweat from penetrating the mattress, thus preventing any unwanted odors.
- Memory foam cups and gets softer with body heat, causing the heat to become trapped and resulting in sweaty spots on your mattress.
- The cooling mattress pad will work to efficiently wick moisture away from both the body and the mattress, allowing you to get a few more years of use out of your mattress.
- If you’re guilty of tossing and turning at night, and you’ve come to resent your memory foam mattress, then this cooling topper is the answer you’ve been searching for.
- This model features cool flow technology that works to increase airflow and keep you cool thanks to the bamboo and rayon fabric blend that helps to regulate body temperature.
On top, the pad is made from thirty percent rayon from bamboo and seventy percent polyester. The bottom of the pad is made from a hundred percent polyester.
Did you know? That the same properties that allow viscoelastic foam to become softer with body heat can also cause memory foam mattresses to respond slower in colder temperatures? This mattress topper truly works around the clock to keep your memory foam mattress at the perfect temperature, preventing unwanted effects such as lack of mattress response, unwanted smells, and a mattress that retains body heat.
Dust mites and dust flock to mattresses, especially mattress types that are made from highly absorbent materials such as memory foam. Both dust mites and dust are common causes of indoor allergies. This mattress cover will keep your mattress free of these irritants and is machine washable, so you can clean it weekly.
- The topper measures in at sixty by eighty inches and can fit memory foam mattresses up to eighteen inches tall. The mattress is OEKO TEX certified and free of phthalates, vinyl, and other types of harmful materials.
- The innovative elastic skirt works to create a snugger fit, with ultimate flexibility so it can easily accommodate thicker mattresses.
- It’s also made with double needle baffle box stitching, which works to trap the fill inside the pockets of the padding, acting as a removable pillow top.
- The pad’s cluster fiber filling works to trap air, which in turn creates a plush feeling and a longer lasting shape. Cluster fiber is a type of material that goes through a rigorous manufacturing process in order to create a type of network fiber that traps air, allowing the mattress pad to keep its shape longer.
Consumers will also enjoy a ninety-day money back guarantee.
This model is available in six sizes including twin, twin extra-large, full, queen, king, and California king.
Best Cooling Mattress Topper Pros and Cons
- Hot sleepers are raving about this cooling mattress pad. The bamboo is very breathable and doesn’t retain body heat like an unprotected memory foam mattress will.
- The cover is noiseless, waterproof and hypoallergenic. The fact it’s made from bamboo materials is a huge selling point for consumers.
- While highly breathable, the pad is also very plush, adding extra cushioning to your mattress.
- The height of the pad is perfect for extra-thick memory foam mattresses and you won’t have to deal with the loud crinkly sound that you can commonly expect from other types of waterproof mattress pads.
The pad itself remains cool to the touch and doesn’t shift or pull away from the corners of the mattress, even with restless sleepers.
The ninety-day money back guarantee will allow you to test out this mattress pad for a few months and return it for a full refund, no questions asked.
Cons: Some buyers had complaints that the pad began to fray at the seams after just a few months of use. However, this is often caused by incorrectly following the cleaning instructions. If possible, allow the mattress pad to air dry. The pad can also be placed in the dryer, on tumble dry, which is a cold air drying process. Regular heat dryer settings will negatively affect the integrity of the pad.
Consumers who weren’t satisfied with this product because they were in need of tougher mattress protection recommend the Sleep Tite hypoallergenic waterproof mattress protector.
We love that it’s machine washable, made from breathable materials and able to keep users cool and dry during the night, even during the hotter months of the year. Consumers who purchased this product gave it a rating of four and a half out of five stars.